[Theforum] fundraisin with mousepads

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 14 21:57:11 CST 2002

> From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at members.evolt.org>
>
> Since no one else really ran with it, or offered other suggestions,
> I've got some stuff together to help raise some money for evolt,
> specifically to help alleviate the hosting costs.

as a reminder, i have, in fact, run with it... however, the 18th is the soonest i'll
be able to get any feedback...

by no means does this mean other stuff *can't* happen (after all, it should),
but i just want to make sure you don't think i've forgotten...

> my question for now for you, theforum, is would you buy a "Limited
> Edition evolt.org mousepad"? and if so, how many would you buy? and if
> you would buy more than 2, would you preorder them? :)

yes, maybe a couple, sure...

thing is, i have a stack of mousepads sitting in the corner... i get 'em like they
were AOL CDs, so the only reason i'd buy them would be out of support...

unless the design was *really* cool...

will it be really cool?

> http://members.evolt.org/djc/evolt/mousepads/
>
> shows a sample, kinda. the Limited Edition pad would be black and
> simply have the evolt.org logo(cube+text) on it. simple, classy, cool.
> they're the laminate surface because cloth pads suck IMO.
[...]

oh... just the logo?  ok, that can work...  the ones that ship with dells have a
cube pattern/texture on them that is very reminiscent of the evolt.org cubes,
btw...