[Theforum] review for contribution page (fwd)

John Corry john at neoncowboy.com
Fri Mar 29 15:46:58 CST 2002

> I think his point is that at no point on the page is it made clear that
> you're paying the bill. That may be fixed somewhat by affixing a title of
> sorts to the address:
>
> 	Dan Cody
> 	(Responsible for bandwidth/hardware payments within evolt.org)

+1

> (I'm aware that you don't want to rub any "I'm paying $x, help me
> out FFS!"
> shit in people's faces, so maybe this is a subtle way to get it
> across that
> the donations are going to the "right place"?)

+1

This comes down to a personal issue for Dan really. Either it can be clearly
spelled out to evolt.org that Dan is payign for everything, and thus any
contributions back to Dan are appropriate and put in the right place for
keeping evolt.org running OR Dan can set up a paypal account with the name
'evolt.org' (or is that even an option at paypal?)

The way the page was worded left it kind of ambiguous where money to run
evolt.org gets spent and who pays the bills and to whom the bills are paid.
I'm willing to make a donation to Dan because I know Dan pays for the stuff
and I have an idea of what 80-100 gb/month costs...most of the users of our
community don't know either of these things, so it seems fair to inform them
of the realities in no uncertain terms if presenting them with an option to
make a contribution.

my $.02
john