[Theforum] evoltspotting

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Apr 9 16:11:02 CDT 2002

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=98519178&f=650193141&m=
5051974331

<cite>
'Fraid I can't help you but I know some folk who can. Evolt's "thelist" has
many cold fusion people on and are all extremely helpful.
evolt : http://www.evolt.org
</cite>

thanks, jen

the above was the 2nd result of searching for evolt on
http://www.boardreader.com/ ("search technology developed to allow you to
access and view information posted on message boards across the web")

another good mention is
http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=172581&highlight=ev
olt

<cite>
It was a post in a batch email that I regularly
get from http://www.evolt.org which is
kind of like Flash Kit, but you subscribe
to "the list," and, two or three times a day,
you get a big email with fifteen to twenty
posts and replies. I'm not sure how it's
divided into batches like that. I haven't
really looked into actively contributing to it-
I got there when I was on Webmonkey one day,
and clicked what I thought was a mail link to
"Thau," a Javascript whiz. I got a sort of cryptic
message back that led me to evolt.org.
It's primarily made up of hardcore programmers
who discuss issues like ASP, SQL, Javascript,
ColdFusion, Perl.....occassionally they'll exchange
info/banter on HTML issues which I find somewhat
interesting, but they obviously are deep in the
code trenches so I don't really relate to most of it.
However, I like skimming over it, so I've stayed on.
Long answer to a short question, yes, but you might
check it out. It's kind of like sitting in on a
discussion group where you really don't belong, but nobody kicks you out.
But, maybe you're good with
all that stuff. And I've not seen any unwanted
ramifications from being on the recipient list.
Here's a typical heading from a recent one.
Today's Topics:
1. Re: [OT] Web Server Worm Infects 12,000 Web Servers (Christine Korza)
2. RE: site for critique c: (Brad Miller)
3. RE: site crit requested (martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com)
4. RE: Directory style query strings without using mod_rewrite (Richard
Livsey)
5. RE: Directory style query strings without using mod_rewrite (Richard
Livsey)
6. Re: Form Submission, Saving Info to Disk (Phil)
7. RE: Web Host NT Setup Help (John Handelaar)
8. Re: Directory style query strings without using mod_rewrite (Garrett
Coakley)
9. Re: Multiple-Window Javascript (Janis Joseph)
10. RE: Web Host NT Setup Help (Michael Goddard)
11. RE: PS: Where's my Measure Tool? (Villano, Paul)
12. RE: site crit requested (Luther, Ron)
13. Site check and CSS Rollover (NS6) problem (David McDonald)
14. RE: CF smoke and mirrors (Raymond Camden)
15. Seeking a Better FTP Client (Hershel Robinson)
16. testing for <input type="file"> with CF (matthew garrett)
17. RE: testing for <input type="file"> with CF (Raymond Camden)
18. RE: Seeking a Better FTP Client (Steve Cook)
19. RE: Seeking a Better FTP Client (Steve Cook)
20. Re: Seeking a Better FTP Client (Charles F. Johnson)
21. Re: (no subject) (Rob Oviatt)
22. Re: Seeking a Better FTP Client (Peter Kaulback)
</cite>

what do you think, are we too "deep in the code trenches"?

rudy

p.s. hat tip for boardreader link:  linky and dinky!  yes, the very same!