[Theforum] What do you want to do ? Faster, evolt, kill kill!

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Thu Apr 18 11:57:34 CDT 2002

Watch out, I've got my Tura Satana outfit on, and it's no Catholic
school dress.
*revs porshe*

What do/did *I* want?

I want/ed to be involved with a history making org that had goals,
structure, by-laws, procedure, clarity, legality, documentation, etc.

In my opinion, evolt.org no longer holds that promise.

And as far as I can tell, Evolt belongs to Dan Cody.

As Cody goes, goes evolt.  The disorganization works well toward that
end.  Disorganization, chaos... these are the conditions that cause
people to follow a single (charismatic) leader.

Efforts to create more structure (via IRC meetings, implementing
bylaws, etc) have been sabotaged (IMO deliberately).

Power and control struggles?  What's to struggle about?

Power rests in the hands of one person.  The rest of you can serve,
but (despite the rah rah feel-good talk) I don't see how evolt
*really* belongs to anyone other than the guy who owns the domain
name and hosts the site.

I know the founders have strong feelings about the org, but let's get
real.  To whom does evolt really belong?

If Dan wished to pull the plug tomorrow, could he do so?

If the answer is "yes," then why are the rest of you wasting your time?

- Tura