[Theforum] Case study: Monkey Speak

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Tue Apr 30 05:51:48 CDT 2002

Peter-Paul Koch said:

> To get the Evolt restructuring underway I made a case study: How to set
> up the Monkey Speak group. See
>
> http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/CaseStudy

With regard to the access issue. Why have one password accessto the group?
If we're fundamentally changing everything like this why not have it on the
users table? for example, I join the hardware and prove I need access to
whatever. Instead of being told the password, access is granted for my login
(or username/password for shell things). If someone comes or goes it has no
inconvenience for other memebers, it's easier for the sc to administrate
access this way if it has to (just a web interface, really), and it's one
less p/w everyone has to remember.

Lach