[Theforum] quick change

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed May 8 14:38:26 CDT 2002

> From: Martin <martin at members.evolt.org>
>
> > I agree that if the users choose it, with good understanding of the
> > results and implications, then yes it should be implemented.  Did
> > this ever go out to thelist for vote or feedback?
>
> It went out to thechat who *unanimously* voted in favour. The
> downsides for list members was also mentioned. I have had approx 1%
> requests to have additional addresses subscribed or whitelisted - all
> have been self-managed.

it also went to theforum without fanfare...

it did not, however, go out to thelist... there's no way i was going to
bring a vote to the general membership until the list admin had
bought into the concept of it, and would allow it...

thelist was converted to sub-only, however, before i got hold of it...
switching it back is possible, but i'd rather have a list vote....

> You'll have to ask someone with admin
> access to thelist why my post of 22:26 UK time last night with
> the subject "thelist +1 Subscribers only" didn't reach thelist.

didn't see it in the held queue... wanna forward back to me?

> As I've said, it's absolutely for the membership of each list to
> decide.

+1

--
Read the evolt.org case study