[Theforum] Re: quick change

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Wed May 8 15:14:04 CDT 2002

Adrian wrote:
>it also went to theforum without fanfare...

I don't like being called stupid. Or, I don't like having my position
called stupid. Or, however you want to say it.

So I didn't object.

I'm sure there were others.

But, whatever. The change has been made.

We've spent 2 days discussing a single option on thelist. It has a large
effect, but, it's done and I KNOW that it won't be changing back.

I'd rather move on and see if we can't do somethign with this
organization.

Miriam, I thoroughly enjoyed the email your forwarded. The satire is only
slightly exaggerated.

Michele, I'm glad you said what you said.

Random thoughts:

If you've got a problem with "dictatorial" leadership, trading one
'dictator" for another will only make you feel better while you agree with
him.

Irresponsibly handing out access isn't democracy.

Adrian, I think it was a bit irresponsible to write in the email you sent
to thelist that Dan changed thelist to subbed-only posting. You knew what
you were implying. You're not stupid.

You can call for a vote on thelist if you want, but I can tell you right
now what you'll get as a result from a voting form created by 10 people
who all want a certain result. Personally, I think it's a mistake to bring
meta-discussions onto thelist. People who are interested in such
discussions would be subscribed to this list. It's hypocritical to call
certain things offtopic, and then start a huge voting thread. Lead by
example, like we always have, blah, blah, blah

A spammer does not have to give a valid email address to subscribe and
then post to thelist.

Adrian, most issues were brought up the first and second times you and
others brought this up. But it was continuoally brought up, opponants
tired of repeating themselves, they got accused of beign dismissive, and
those who kept whining won in the end.

well, that's enough of that. of my comments too.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com