[Theforum] google & the chat

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Wed May 8 17:36:22 CDT 2002

My understanding is that we (by "we" I mean I asked for it on admin,
no one objected, and Dan said "ok" --  so take that FWIW) decided to
block search engines from spidering the chat.

I don't know if a decision was made about a search on evolt, or if
there's a difference...

but I really really don't want my thechat posts to appear on google
when someone types in "Humboldt homegrown."  You know what I mean?

I just don't want that.

I know I should probably be more restrained in my mouthiness, but I'm
not.  I'd have to unsub, because, you know... I just say what I
think.  But I don't want it to be easy for *everyone* to find.
There's other stuff I'd rather come up to the top of google... than
my thechat posts.

So that's what I think.

Erika