[Theforum] Restructure

Isaac Forman isaac at triplezero.com.au
Sun May 12 20:05:12 CDT 2002

Does anyone have any objections towards reforming evolt.org's volunteers
into 5 groups (based on the work by Dan and Martin):

	Finance (handles $)

	Marketing (ideas for building the evolt.org name, PR, etc)

	Content (articles, etc -- previously the admin@ list)

	Development (code and design -- previously thesite@ list)

	Admin (server admin, list admin, etc -- *not* the same as admin@)

And with a parent group (steering committee until we come up with a better
name, or maybe SC is fine) made up of 2 members of each subgroup.

Each group shall decide how to elect their two representatives (+1 voting,
voting application, whatever). Said reps should be encouraged or required to
cycle at a predefined period (6 months)?

Volunteers will be able to serve within as many groups as they deem
relevant, but cannot be a rep for more than one. Nor should they be elected
to serve on the SC for more than 6 continuous months.

Reps who find that non-evolt.org responsibilities lessen their available
time should be encouraged to pass on their representation (again, by some
kind of vote within the group).

Also, as a general guideline, rights and responsibilities (where relevant --
Content, Admin, Development specifically) should be based (as currently) on
ability and trust/reputation within the community.

Should there be few major objections to this plan, I would suggest that we
continue with the CaseStudies on the wiki (especially the volunteer names at
the bottom of each) so that people can make it clear where they see
themselves being useful. After that, create the relevant lists, populate
them, and let each group form their guidelines/processes/style.

FWIW (and as an example), I would like to volunteer within PR, Development,
and Admin (doing list management). Hopefully everyone else can work out
where they'd like to help out too.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au