[Theforum] Restructure

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Mon May 13 13:16:42 CDT 2002

[I've just got my PC back after four days of being treated for digestive
problems, er, busted SMPS]

At 06:35 AM 5/13/2002, Isaac Forman wrote:

>Does anyone have any objections towards reforming evolt.org's volunteers
>into 5 groups (based on the work by Dan and Martin):
>

>         Finance (handles $)
>
>         Marketing (ideas for building the evolt.org name, PR, etc)
>
>         Content (articles, etc -- previously the admin@ list)
>
>         Development (code and design -- previously thesite@ list)
>
>         Admin (server admin, list admin, etc -- *not* the same as admin@)

IMO, change "Admin" to "SysAdmin" and you remove the label ambiguity.
+1 to the others.
Does development include CF, JS, IA, *and* visual design?

>Each group shall decide how to elect their two representatives (+1 voting,
>voting application, whatever). Said reps should be encouraged or required to
>cycle at a predefined period (6 months)?

"Required" doesn't sound so good. "Encouraged" is better.

>Also, as a general guideline, rights and responsibilities (where relevant --
>Content, Admin, Development specifically) should be based (as currently) on
>ability and trust/reputation within the community.

+1000

>FWIW (and as an example), I would like to volunteer within PR, Development,
>and Admin (doing list management). Hopefully everyone else can work out
>where they'd like to help out too.

I'd like to be on Content (specialty), PR, SysAdmin (list management), and
Development (IA, UX, Usability, design).

Which group does "answering email" fit in? I've answered about 20% of the
mails that have come in, and I'd like to continue answering them.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant