[Theforum] Hosting

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Wed May 15 04:05:36 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 02:52:25PM +0930, Isaac Forman wrote:

> Depending on our options, it may be feasible to shift this to
> Win2K/SQLServer if an opportunity presented itself (Oracle being much more
> expensive).

And a license for Win2k/SQLServer is how much? Surely if money is an
option (and it obviously will be) then an MS platform is not the ideal
solution.

It would also mean I couldn't take part in server administration on the
weo side as this is a platform I don't have any experience with.

This is from my personal pov, I'm not trying to start a flame war (and I
won't get involved with one), but I would have major problems with evolt
going down this route.

Like I say, personal feelings, just getting them out there.

G.