[Theforum] respect, responsibility, reciprocity..

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Wed May 15 14:58:52 CDT 2002

Erika Meyer wrote:

> (The subject line is the "motto" I used to use when teaching writing
> classes.)

> Javier, I love (& respect) you,

...and i want to meet you!

> but this thread is upsetting to me.
> We've had so many "alarm calls," my ears are ringing.
>
> I should probably ignore it, but dang it, here I go...

You actually should have, now that I look at it again, it seems quite
silly to me.

Anyway, now that you wrote such a huge piece, least thing I can do is
answer some of your points. Altough I really don't want to keep this
thread forever.

> I am not liking those who feel obligated to lay blame on other
> evolt.org members for Dan's leaving.

Sorry if you got me wrong: I'm not trying to lay blame on any other
member, instead, we are responsible as a group for allowing harmful side
comments as a normal practice.

> We are a group full of strong personalities, and all of us need to
> take each other with as much of a grain of salt as possible, while at
> the same time taking responsibility for our own statements.  We need
> to really identify what people are saying that is logical, and what
> is fallacious.

My point is that when we had an environment of respect we didn't have to
  be careful not to offend others.

That's all i can type at the momment, enough said

let's move ahead

javier
http://mantruc.com