[Theforum] finding a home for weo & leo

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Mon May 20 07:59:50 CDT 2002

> We also need to be thinking through the criteria we'd use to evaluate
> potential hosts. For me, one of the key things is that, whether or not
> it's donated, it's run as a professional service (complete with
> enforceable SLAs), rather than as a favour which runs the risk of not
> being a priority when it needs attention.

this statement is so unfortunate

i know you didn't mean it this way, martin, and i know your heart's in the
right place, but if i were ron i'd be feeling pretty pissed off at this
point

ron's offer is not a "favour"

it's a very professional service and a viable option for us

how are we going to pay for evolt?

tagwear isn't going to come anywhere close

we've seen bandwidth numbers, and now we have a priority list

can someone marry the two?

here's what we really need --

1  leo   $200/month
2  weo  $200/month
3  beo  $800/month
4  meo  $800/month

then -- assuming we had a source of funding, which we don't, yet -- we'd
know how much of evolt we can afford to save

let me pose another question

assuming we find no source of funding, ron, are you still willing to host
evolt?  how far down the priority list?

and how deep is your discount for the first year if our source of funding
takes a year or so to grow?

rudy