Prioritisation vote: [Theforum] Re: meo

Russell Griechen russgri at bellsouth.net
Mon May 20 20:51:32 CDT 2002

Warden, Matt" <mwarden at mattwarden.com>wrote
>about people using meo only for image hosting -- we need someone to send
> >out a warning to meo members, and then conduct an audit of accounts
> >sometime soon, and delete the ones used for image / filehosting - just a
> >thought).

I have been watching this thread:
It seems to me that meo seems to be a playground for fledgling developers
probably with php/mysql ??
If that is the case it is far better than free sites such as
angelfire/lycos/geocities. The ad supported sites are drying up and will be
a thing of the past soon. Indeed geocities have even withdrawn ftp services
on the ad supported sites. upload by hand...
It seems that hosting for a nominal hosting fee with mysql/php/perl/5 pop3/
1 mailing list and options for traffic/storage as needed would be a good
producer on a monthly/quarterly/yearly basis.
Give a guy 2 or three megs for a couple of months as a throw away favor and
a few answers on thelist...what could be better support than that. If that
would not be a perfect leadin to a friendly relation...?? especially if site
is set to go dead in 3 months.

Lots of small designers are working with small mom and pops and everyone
needs web space.
5000 small sites at $7 a month...a couple of thou at 12 a month...a couple
hundred at 25 a month...on and on.
even free ad supported mailing lists are hinting to be coming to an end.

Russell Griechen