[Theforum] Once More, with Design

Marlene Bruce marlene at members.evolt.org
Fri May 24 12:35:47 CDT 2002

>I don't want to be a wet blanket, or piss on any proverbial parades, but
>this worries me somewhat. I'd be happier if everyones focus was on evolt
>surviving past 2003 (and I'm a part time designer/I.A.).

Garrett and Jeff,

On the one hand, I can *completely* understand where you're coming
from. Yes, keeping evolt.org alive is by far our greatest priority,
and we shouldn't be distracted from it on theforum.

On the other hand I don't like seeing demonstrations of energy,
enthusiasm and creativity brushed aside. If there are 60+ people
subscribed to theforum, as well as (I'm sure) at least one or more
other lists, I don't think establishing a redesign list for people
interested would necessarily take energy away from theforum
discussions.

I mean, we don't want to request that people here give up thier
participation or lurking on any other evolt.org list (including
thelist, thesite and thechat) so that they could devote all of their
focus here, do we? People need to be able to participate where they
want to and can.

Besides, having a creative outlet in one area can very often give
rise to creative bursts of insight in another, and that might benefit
us here.

So yes, I don't think redesign discussions are appropriate for
theforum, especially at this time.

But no, that doesn't mean they shouldn't happen elsewhere for those
people who have the interest/time/energy.

I think we should move forward with the idea of forming a [redesign]
list. Some of us might not have anything to contribute to the funding
discussion, but would love to participate elsewhere.

So who can set up a [redesign] list for us?

Thanks,
Marlene