[Theforum] Cafepress, t-shirts, mugs etc

Lauri Vain lauri_lists at tharapita.com
Sat May 25 00:19:17 CDT 2002

Hello there,

This list recently talked about CafePress and asked for information
about their quality. I asked one of my designers and the following is
what she replied with:

--- SNIP ---
RE: CafePress
I haven't done a lot of business with them.  Really only t-shirts.
The company is located in the U.S. so shipping to Canada wasn't very
cheap with the duty costs.
The actual t-shirts are very good quality.  The print on them isn't the
greatest.  They basically print the artwork on to iron-on transfers,
then trim around them so you're left with an offwhite boarder around
your t-shirt transfer on a bright white shirt.
Not sure how the other products they offer turn out.
You may want to look at www.iprint.com
They also do similar promo products.
I've purchased notepads from them and they're pretty good.  Again, the
cost to ship to Canada was killer.
--- SNIP ---

HTH

Thanks,