[Theforum] evolt.org stuff

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Mon Jun 3 21:14:50 CDT 2002

Marlene Bruce wrote:

>> i put a fair amount of time/$ in with my lawyer to create an initial set
>> of bylaws to were tailored to evolt.org(irc voting, pgp voting, etc),
>> and for the last 9 months, they've sat around collecting dust(for which
>> i also share part of the blame).
[snip personal]
> During the events of the last 9 months, I really didn't have the
> energy to additionally deal with all the strife and upheaval that was
> happening with evolt.org.

marlene, i know all you've gone through, i wasnt trying to suggest that
the things you mentioned weren't important and require the utmost
attention in your life. personal life always comes ahead of anything
else, and i didn't mean to pull anything personal into that. if it came
across that way, i'm really sorry and didn't mean for it to be taken as
such.

>> if anyone thinks thats unreasonable, please let me know.
[snip]
> I just wanted to know if you would share your documents with us. To
> me it seemed a very simple request, with either a "yes" or "no"

ok, i shoulda just said no then. trying to give some explanation about
the 'why' - instead of just saying yes/no - seemed like a good idea and
the polite thing to do at the time. i hope in the soon-to-come
transition, you'll find something more than a 'yes/no' answer from me to
be helpful