[Theforum] hosting... where are we at right now?

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Fri Jun 7 13:51:16 CDT 2002

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com wrote:

> SysAdmin are apparently working on requirements, although it hasn't
> appeared on the wiki as yet. Last visible discussion on the sysadmin list
> is at http://lists.evolt.org/sysadminarchive/2002-June/000038.html
>
> Marketing are working on a 'why give free/cheap stuff to evolt' statement
> which is currently at
> http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/EvoltEvangelism
>
> It slipped my mind (and apparently everyone else's), but we do have another
> standing offer:
> http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20020401/003730.html
> which is free (as in beer).
>
> You did some investigation and couldn't find anything negative about them
> beyond that they use VMWare-type partitions for hosting.
> You suggested at that time moving beo there as a first test:
> http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20020415/003828.html
> which sounded sensible.

ok. how are these things related to ron's offer though? does he need to
pitch about 'why give  to evolt'? i understand why thats being done(and
it should be), and maybe i'm confused, but most of these things really
aren't germane to ron's offer, or miriam/my inquiry.

> I've got exams in less than 2 weeks so may not have time to follow this up
> in that timeframe.

its a good thing there are people other than yourself around to do stuff
then!