[Theforum] email

Dean Mah dmah at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 11 14:26:01 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 12:14:36PM -0700, Marlene Bruce wrote:
> >Is this the final verdict?  No need to vote?
> >
> >If I did create these addresses, they wouldn't be addresses.  They
> >would be aliases that forward to real e-mail accounts.  Hope that's
> >okay.
> >
> >Dean
>
> I think the idea is that we would be able to send emails from those
> addresses, for official business type stuff. Is that possible?

You should be able to set the 'From' field in your e-mail messages to
those addresses.

There isn't a evolt.org machine on which to create accounts for you so
even if a 'treasurer' account was created, it would have to be created
on say m.e.o, l.e.o, w.e.o, etc.  You would still need to re-write the
from address.  It could be done from the server but it's more of a
hassle to setup and use.

Dean