Tagwear queries (was RE: [Theforum] wiki down)

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sat Jun 15 13:49:18 CDT 2002

On Saturday, June 15, 2002, at 07:36  pm, Joel Canfield wrote:

> So, action items I'm aware of:
> 1. Fix the white/light color screens for non-embroidered items
> 2. Decide what to offer - shirts, caps, coffee mugs seem like obvious
> starters, but is that too much?
> 3. Ron's phpShop setup - I know nothing about PHP but if there's
> anything I
> can pretend to do on the technical side, lemme know, Ron.
> 4. Promotion to the masses

Can anyone remember - did Chris handle all the tax last time? I know he
did the shipping.

Shipping is *expensive* if you're not in North American IIRC - it takes
a bulk order to make it worthwhile.

Hmm I wonder if we could do a deal with NTK *cough*John*cough*:
http://www.geekstyle.co.uk/ntkmart.cgi
for non-US customers as they only charge an extra $2 for airmail
shipping and can ship to:
Argentina, Australia, Anguilla, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China,
Costa Rica, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Finland, France, Germany,
Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica,
Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal,
Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.

If we got what seems to be the standard deal, we'd get UKP2 per shirt
sold.

Perhaps something similar with The Reg?

Hey, now this is interesting - previously we've always thought that
proper merchant accounts are too expensive, but WorldPay's Click'n'Build:
http://www.clickandbuild.com/uk/pricing/pricing.html
seems not to be too bad:
£75 setup
£150 annual fee for the merchant account
£30 a month after year 1

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,