zeo/seo (was:Re: [Theforum] wiki down)

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sun Jun 16 10:22:42 CDT 2002

---- Original Message ----
From: "William Anderson" <neuro at well.com>
To: <theforum at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2002 4:15 PM
Subject: Re: zeo/seo (was:Re: [Theforum] wiki down)

Well, that worked - http://neuro.me.uk/projects/evolt.org/wiki/

the only issue is that the links on the right hand bar are not relative, and
hence don't work.  But a migration is v. simple (and excuse me if i'm
preaching to the converted here, but it's nice to know how things are done -
hehe) ...

- set CNAME for zope.evolt.org (or indeed wiki.evolt.org) to whatever
  box we intend to use
- on that box, set the following directives in a zope/wiki.evolt.org
  VirtualHost section:

      ProxyRequests on
      ProxyPass / http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/
      ProxyPassReverse / http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/
      NoCache *

  This obviously requires mod_proxy to be enabled.  Once done, just
  apachectl graceful to set the config.
- on the wiki, remove any non-relative links

The upside to this is the wiki gets a kosher *eo name, the downside to this
is all the traffic to the wiki goes via whichever *eo box is used.

HTH ;)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'