[Theforum] another online community in trouble

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 19 09:06:01 CDT 2002

> From: "William Anderson" <neuro at well.com>
[...]
> > You mean that we take away the member hosting for anything but a
> > blogspace and point them at f2o or something? I'm cool with that...
> > I was gonna shift over anyway.
>
> Also interesting.  Taking member hosting off *eo would definitely kill
> a shitload of bandwidth and hardware requirements.  But it is a
> valuable resource and selling point of evolt ...

i dinna even know what you were talking about, but f20 sounded
familiar enough to check my mail archives...

yes, even though it looks like it's still being hashed out (404s and
open directories on the main site, but otherwise nice looking [is
that a bluerobot template?]), the service appears to be up and
running...

why wouldn't we just offload meo to f2o?  if we want to offer the
best service we can to meo members, then the best thing we could
do is point them over there... it's got more than we can offer, and
it's not going through a state of flux like ours is...

i don't see us being able to charge for blog space, especially since
this other thing offers it for free... why recreate something that does
it for free, with more services, and as its main focus?

what would the complete dissolution of meo save us?  anything?

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself