[Theforum] Re: Distributed bandwidth

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Sun Jun 23 18:08:05 CDT 2002

> How big is the entire browser archive?

Not big; something like 4 gig. It's in theforum archive somewhere; damclean
or someone gave me all the figs here on theforume about a month ago.

> I'm sure that members (like me) will be willing to donate
> bandwidth to the project. The app could regulate how many
> hits each mirror gets, depending on how much bandwidth that
> mirror has chosen to donate.

I suspect we'll have a surfeit of volunteers. What we need to figure out is
how to implement it.

For the record, I've got server space, and a DSL line; 384KBps minimum, but
it bursts to T-1 speed off hours. I'm willing to share.

joel