Distributed bandwidth (was RE: [Theforum] Re: [Content] Mail Alert! - Sat Jun 22 31226)

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Mon Jun 24 06:16:43 CDT 2002

Jeff,
> there are other possible feature ideas as well.
>
> - we could implement comments and ratings for browsers.
> - we could implement comments and ratings for mirrors.
> - we could have a scheduled task that would run nightly
>   and check each of the mirrors for availability.

How about links to supporting documentation. Things like compliance of
certain browsers. So someone could go to download Netscape 4.5 for example,
and have a link to a spec which details CSS compliance in NS4.5, and a
different link to a JS article for NS4.5. you could even do a related
evolt.org article's check. "Search for other articles on Netscape 4.5 on
evolt.org." or some such thing.

Oh yeah, in the IA you talk about different ways of getting to the browsers.
How about being able to search for browsers by basic support level, for
example searching for all browsers that support HTML4.01 and XHTML1.0?
(nothing indepth, just a quick evaluation, such as on the features lists
browsers come with "IE5.5 now supports HTML4.01, XHTML1.0, XML1.0, CSS1.0
and most of CSS2.0" for example... just tick them off as supported.)

Thoughts?

Lach
http://members.evolt.org/luminosity/
MSN: luminosity @ members.evolt.org