Distributed bandwidth (was RE: [Theforum] Re: [Content] Mail Alert! - Sat Jun 22 31226)

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon Jun 24 11:35:56 CDT 2002

---- Original Message ----
From: "Beau Hartshorne" <beau at members.evolt.org>
To: <theforum at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 5:22 PM
Subject: RE: Distributed bandwidth (was RE: [Theforum] Re: [Content]
Mail Alert! - Sat Jun 22 31226)

> > fwiw, I've just submitted this:
> > http://lists.evolt.org/marketingarchive/2002-June/000167.html
> > under the title "Finding mirrors for a browser archive?"
>
> Is there anything we can do to mitigate the "Slashdot effect" on the
> browser archive? How many nerds do you think are gonna go try out
> Mosaic 0.4... (I would.)

some of us did try the 0.x mosaics when it first came out, but if you find
something called Mosaic 0.4, it's more than likely Netscape 0.4 ... to my
knowledge, NCSA Mosaic 0.4 was never released beyond NCSA ...

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'