[Theforum] Donations (WAS: RE: announcement)

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at cph.org
Wed Jun 26 15:50:18 CDT 2002

> > how much have you recieved through donations until now?

> So far: $10.

It's unclear to me (and maybe the evolt community at large) just how
donation money is handled. What's the process when money comes in?

If Bob the Admin is paying $x/mo of the bandwidth, does Bob just keep my
$10, and use $x-10 of his own money for that month? Or is there some sort of
bank-account-type-thing going on behind the scenes?

If I send money, I know it helps evolt. I'm pretty sure (at this point,
anyway), it goes to pay for bandwidth. That's A Good Thing (tm). I'm just
curious in the specifics -- for that matter, how do we pay the bills now?
Does it all come out of a few people's personal pockets?

I think educating the evolt community at large about these specifics might
lead to more donations...

-ken