[Theforum] Re: [thechat] ADMIN: Evolt downtime

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Jul 5 17:55:10 CDT 2002

On Friday, July 5, 2002, at 10:00  pm, Martin Burns wrote:

> As you've probably noticed, we're going through some unexpected downtime
> at the moment.
>
> Thanks to the efforts of Dean and others, we've got mail back working
> again (both lists and members.evolt.org mailboxes), but we're still
> working on the http services.

OK, here's an update.

We've got lists.evolt.org http service back, so you can manage your mail
preferences, and also members.evolt.org's http service so members' sites
also should work. Many thanks to Dean and Jeremy for the work they've
put in to restore those services.

However, it looks like we're not going to get http://evolt.org/ back
until Monday, after the holiday weekend.

(detail: we need someone's hands on the correct boxes. As the only thing
we have to go on to identify which box to lay hands on is this photo:
http://ashcraft.f2o.org/rack.jpg and the layout has changed since, we're
not going to play guesswork with a number of identical-looking boxes and
break things)

Me? I can live without the evolt site for a weekend (would go double if
it were a holiday here too). I'm planning on spending time with the
family instead.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,