[Theforum] weo down

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Jul 5 18:05:16 CDT 2002

On Friday, July 5, 2002, at 11:23  pm, Dean Mah wrote:

> Unfortunately, we have not been able to get www.evolt.org back.  This
> service will likely be down until Dan returns on Monday.
>
> In the interim, we *could* change the DNS entry to point to leo and
> set up a static page but people may still receive the server error due
> to DNS caching.  If this is something that we want to do, someone
> needs to draft the static page.  I can then put it in place and change
> the DNS.
>
> Alternatively we could use the development version on teo.  This may
> not be advisable since teo features may not be ready for production,
> performance of all services will suffer, and changes to the dev app
> will need to be made to point to the production database.

Given that most evolters now know that weo is down until Monday, I'd
suggest not busting a gut over it. For US people, it's a holiday
weekend. For the rest of us, it's still a weekend.

At most, maybe throw up a static page on teo if that doesn't have DNS
dependencies to let casual visitors know.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,