[Theforum] Re: ADMIN: Evolt downtime - resolved

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sun Jul 7 17:22:10 CDT 2002

Just a quickie - we had hands on those boxes and we've been up and
running for the last 6 hours ago (I've been away from my machine so only
just noticed).

Many thanks to everyone involved in getting all the evolt services back,
especially for getting http://evolt.org/ back a day earlier than
expected.

On Friday, July 5, 2002, at 11:55  pm, Martin Burns wrote:

> On Friday, July 5, 2002, at 10:00  pm, Martin Burns wrote:
>
>> As you've probably noticed, we're going through some unexpected
>> downtime
>> at the moment.
>>
>> Thanks to the efforts of Dean and others, we've got mail back working
>> again (both lists and members.evolt.org mailboxes), but we're still
>> working on the http services.
>
> We've got lists.evolt.org http service back, so you can manage your mail
> preferences, and also members.evolt.org's http service so members' sites
> also should work. Many thanks to Dean and Jeremy for the work they've
> put in to restore those services.
>
> However, it looks like we're not going to get http://evolt.org/ back
> until Monday, after the holiday weekend.
>
> (detail: we need someone's hands on the correct boxes. As the only thing
> we have to go on to identify which box to lay hands on is this photo:
> http://ashcraft.f2o.org/rack.jpg and the layout has changed since, we're
> not going to play guesswork with a number of identical-looking boxes and
> break things)
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,