[Theforum] amazon (was: half the battle - finance time)

Marlene Bruce marlene at members.evolt.org
Mon Jul 15 23:19:23 CDT 2002

>it's easy peasy lemon squeezy once someone fills you in on how the hell
>these things work - i always call this 'deamazonification' - stripping all
>the session, search, referrer and other crap outta amazon and similar
>commerce site URLs.

Just want to be sure that these hacked URLs still qualify for
Associate status. Amazon's guidelines seemed *very* specific about
qualifying URLs. From #7 at
http://associates.amazon.com/exec/panama/associates/join/operating-agreement.html
:

    Links to our site placed on your site pursuant to this Agreement
    and which properly utilize such special link formats are referred
    to as "Special Links." You will earn referral fees only with
    respect to activity on our site occurring directly through
    Special Links; we will not be liable to you with respect to any
    failure by you to use Special Links, including to the extent that
    such failure may result in any reduction of amounts that would
    otherwise be paid to you pursuant to this Agreement.

Cheers,
Marlene