financing (was: [Theforum] Dan: evolt.org domain stuff)

Marlene Bruce marlene at members.evolt.org
Fri Jul 19 13:44:16 CDT 2002

>"All donors and amounts will be added to our Wall of Fame unless specified
>otherwise. Simply tell us not to in Paypal's comments field, or if you mail
>us a check, enclose a note asking that this be kept anonymous."
>
>Something like that, perhaps?

Well, duh, I do suppose that would take care of it!

Except I would modify the first line to read, "Names of donors will
be added to our Wall of Fame unless specified otherwise."

Leave the gift amount out. That perhaps reveals too much and invites
too much comparison, IMHO. It might deter people from being listed
when they otherwise would be okay with just their name appearing.

Until we get that (and a "wall of fame" page) posted, I can certainly
email the people we've received gifts from and ask them if they want
to be listed.

Do we want to call it "Wall of Fame?" Somehow that doesn't sit right
with me. It makes me think of "Wall of Shame."

Cheers,
Marlene