[Theforum] [---Dev] RE: [---tent] Article cleanup issue

Matt Liotta mliotta at r337.com
Tue Jul 23 22:11:45 CDT 2002

> 1. Query execution plan
> 2. Stats about dataset returned (particularly rowsizes)
> 3. Execution time on server
> 4. time taken on CF call (not the same as #3: it might, as someone
>    said, be a transport issue). Maybe some can on teo have the
>    CF equivalent of:
>         - write out current time
>         - execute query
>         - write out current time
>    so we can compare to #3 and see what's happening.

FYI, you don't need to change any code to get this information. Using
the CF Administrator you can turn on debugging which among other things
will tell you how long each query takes. However, what I think you are
getting at here really isn't an issue. This is clearly a database issue.

> Also, I don't understand the caching, if it has to be executed once
> for each person because of the 'comments since last login' thing.

As far as I read the code, queries are cached on the date of the last
login. It is therefore likely that more than one person would share the
same last login data thus allowing multiple people to use the same
cached query. However, I think this case is a horrible way to use CF's
query caching. The better way IMHO, would be to use a materialized view.

-Matt