[Theforum] Re: [the****] Spam Email to my Evolt address?

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Wed Aug 21 20:34:47 CDT 2002

> We are all people who include the posters email address in
> the body of the reply.

this could be overlooked in private emails, but the archives are public

exposing the email address in the body is certainly not required

it's possible to identify the person you are replying to without using
their email id

the obvious solution is not for me to deal with the resulting torrent of
spam, but rather for people not to print other people's email ids in the
body of public archive posts

you are either intentionally inconsiderate or fecking lazy

why should it be me that has to deal with it?  you should change your
spam-friendly behaviour

> But I reckon your venom was directed specifically at
> me, but you decided not to just come out and say it.
> An attempt at faux politeness?  Or just cowardice?  You tell me.

not just you specifically, william -- anyone who does this

your post on thechat was just the catalyst, and i avoided naming you
specifically, simply because you weren't the only one doing it

frankly, i'm surprised at your hostile reaction

my request surely is reasonable, and you dump all over me??

puh-lease

if you cannot admit that the problem is you exposing my email id
inconsiderately and unnecessarily, and not my ability to deal with spam,
then hey, you go your way, sonny, and i'll go mine, and we'll see when
allah calls us both which one of us has pissed off more people

have a nice day, kid, and call me some day when you grow up a bit

rudy
grumpy old man