[Theforum] [xxxsite] Opportunity

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Fri Oct 4 15:18:51 CDT 2002

Martin Burns wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, javier velasco wrote:
>

> > Martin Burns wrote:

> > not necesarily:
> >
> > one thing is *accepting* money (donations) from companies and putting
> > their name or logo in a 'wall of collaborators', which i could live
> > with.
>
> Ah, but that's not what Rudy said.

i was referring to what aardvark said - i guess there was a confusion in
the way you trimmed my reply
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20020930/006438.html

i actually like rudy's option best, but *i could live with* a 'wall of
sponsors', specially if it's a list of members and members' jobs

> > now, selling banners is an altogether different issue, yuck!
>
> So is the problem:
> 1) *where* the ads appear (what page, what place on the page, on emails
>    or on the site?)
> 2) What they look like (yum - animated, flashing things in standard banner
>    size)
> 3) How they behave (popup/under or flash/JS ones which float over the
>    content)

i would rather discard advertising altogether

> > not to
> > mention that people who buy banners soon start asking for several kinds
> > of editorial control (yet even worse)
>
> Only if you agree to it... and putting it up front that there will be no
> editorial control at no point for no reason will help.

right, but i was mentioning that they tend to ask anyway, we've probalby
worked with different kinds of sponsors