[Theforum] announcement to send (was: Affiliate Hosting Program Fund Raising)

Ron Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Wed Oct 23 16:31:01 CDT 2002

.jeff wrote:

>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
>>From: David U.
>>
>>>Ron Dorman wrote:
>>>
>>>If you're looking for a hosting company, please
>>>consider NetWorth's hosting service.  They have
>>>expended time and money to quickly provide funding
>>>for evolt.org.  They have also agreed to change the
>>>domain name and enhance the services while the
>>>temporary domain (ez-profits.com
>>><http://ez-profits.com> ) is used to immediately fund
>>>some evolt.org services.
>>>
>>This part has nothing to do with evolt. I'd cut it.  The
>>time and money they have expended is not really our
>>concern since they are still doing this to make money for
>>themselves as a company.  For every customer that evolt
>>sends them, they are getting the MAJORITY of the money,
>>and we get a kickback.
>>
>>That paragraph makes them seem a little too saintly for
>>my taste.
>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
>>

>+42
>
>couldn't have said it better myself.

The affiliate program will pay evolt.org 10% of monthly billing, that
means before any expenses are taken out.  Then bandwidth, servers,
network equipment, utilities and employees get paid.  Anything left will
be go to the supporter, NetWorth Enterprises, Inc.  If you will check
some prices and do some math, you will see that 10% of billed amounts is
more than a "Kickback".

Beyond that,  it is more than we are raising today.  What's the problem?

Ron D.