[Theforum] treasurer's report (was: ASAP [Fwd: RFP: css-discuss hosting])

Marlene Bruce marlene at members.evolt.org
Thu Nov 7 22:01:10 CST 2002

Hi Rudy,

>have we any word yet on whether there is significant donation money coming
>in?

There isn't, at least not that I'm aware of. We haven't received a
donation through PayPal in almost two months (our current balance is
$105.08).

The only notice I've gotten of any activity is through the Amazon
Associates program, which says we made $36.32 in the third quarter.

I'd say so far our money raising efforts have been a near failure.
But then we aren't exactly trying hard, from a publicity standpoint.
IMHO, posting two articles and a "support" button isn't exactly
stellar PR on our part. Heck, we've barely publicized the fact that
we are featured in two books published this year, or that our members
are writing books.

Anyway, I'm too busy to address this now, and I'm not a PR person
anyway. So for now, that's my .02.

Cheers,
Marlene