[Theforum] treasurer's report II

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Nov 15 08:30:28 CST 2002

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Madhu Menon wrote:

> At 07:27 PM 15-11-02, Ron Dorman wrote:
> >Seems like it worked out to $3.50 USD per GB of transfer.  So, if we use
> >100 GB a month, it would be $350 USD per month, $4200 USD per year.  100
> >GB should be a good average to work with for total traffic of all
> >protocols.  It will of course fluctuate but this should be a number to
> >work with for the fund raising efforts.
>
> OK, $4200 per year is the number we've got. Is everyone OK if we implement
> the t.e.o "donation drive" bar on w.e.o with $4200 as the target figure
> (after removing the "target 1" pic and substituting it with a "target" pic?)

Remember that evolt.org's bandwidth usage is greater than 100GB a month -
eouk is contributing more than that just for browser archive mirroring.

At the moment, we're using:
26.5 GB/month for all http
145.8 GB/month for beo (including deouk)
? for SMTP/POP3

My guess would be that it's closer to 250GB a month all in.