[Theforum] RE free books

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 11 08:44:12 CST 2002

> From: Bruce Lawson <brucel at glasshaus.com>
>
> Obviously I'd like to take credit for all 12 of us being great, but
> the fact is that we owe you evolters big time. When my boss stood over
> me with a sharp axe and said "Bruce invent a brand for professional
> web designers; I want a list of their concerns and interests, a name
> for the brand and a look and feel for what the books will be like.
> Next week", a kind university friend pointed me to evolt, where i
> lurked for ages in utter incomprehension (CSS? Accessibility?
> Weamdreaver? Jakob who? eh?) until I got a clue.

heh... and in that time you probably figured out who was a
completely knackered nut and who was just a bag of air...

interesting the personalities on thelist, no?

> So, as it's glasshaus' first Xmas (we're now 9 months old), I feel we
> should say thanks. After all: we do it for business, you guys do it
> for love. Or something.

something.

> In fact: why *do* you do it?

let's see... i don't drink, and it's negatively impacted my social life
(there aren't HTML/CSS groupies in buffalo, after all)... so...

- karma
- hoped to get writing gigs out of it
- karma
- net.fame