[Theforum] Help

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sat Jan 4 20:38:57 CST 2003

Ronwhite63 at wmconnect.com wrote:
> Due to financial constraints I have been forced to go to a lame-o ISP
> that doesn't have apparently have a SMTP server. So I can no longer send
> through my MEO account. Is there anyone who is able to help me out?

You're using Windows - install a local SMTP relay, make sure it's tied down
to only accept connections from localhost.

e.g. Install IIS for your Windows install, it comes with an SMTP server
which can have connection access restricted to 127.0.0.1, which is all you
need.

I just googled because I'm too lazy to sit and described the
install/configure process, and you should be able to use this:

- http://www.windowswebsolutions.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=19619

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like