[Finance] Re: [Theforum] note from Nick Bradbury

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Sat Jan 11 14:35:41 CST 2003

At 01:56 AM 12-01-03, Marlene Bruce wrote:
>Stupid PayPal doesn't list that in the at-a-glance
>amount so I didn't realize that 'til now.

I just remembered. I'm afraid I won't use Paypal for anything. When I tried
to buy something off the Web using Paypal, I noticed that they added a very
small line (and also in light grey) saying "a membership fee of $1.95 will
be charged to your credit card."

That's absolutely unethical, and attempting to hide it like they did is
repulsive.

The only other time I tried to use Paypal was a year back, and then it
refused my transaction even though I entered all info correctly. Probably
something about international transactions.

Anyway, I don't trust them, and a Google search for "Paypal sucks" doesn't
give me any more confidence.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy