[theforum] server suggestion

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sun Jul 6 15:36:16 CDT 2003

Jeremy Ashcraft wrote:
> hey all,
>
> i know i've been pretty uninvolved for a while, but i thought i'd pass
> on a bit of information...
>
> i really have no clue what the hosting situation for evolt is anymore,
> but i came across a hosting company that may fit evolt's need for a
> host(if there is one).  I'm currently hosting with a company called
> ServerBeach, which is being funded by RackSpace.  They are running a
> promotional deal of $99/mo for a dedicated linux box and $119/mo for a
> dedicated Windows box and no setup fees.  1GHz AMD proc, 512MB RAM, 60GB
> HD, and 450GB (yes, 450GB) of bandwidth.  I haven't seen anyone else out
> there that matches this kind of hardware for that price.

we had a bit of this discussion in #evolt a while back - go take a look at
rackforce.com - hosted in kelowna, nice peering on the bigpipe backbone,
throttled T1-equivalent connection (but burstable), *no* bandwidth quota,
same cost, any OS ;)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like