[theforum] movement for redesign

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Wed Aug 13 10:22:30 CDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 12:18:15AM +1000, Lachlan Cannon wrote:

> Based on that I fiddled some more and came up with
>
> http://illuminosity.net/test/evolt_work-header_2.png

I like the way the login box is more intergrated into the design, but that
domain header still looks lost to me. Less so than it did, but I still find
it difficult to make the connection with the cube at the top and what site
I'm currently on.

*shrug*

I dunno, maybe I'm focusing too much on it, so it's the only thing I can see
now.

> I think the login fits in much better, but the search is still looking
> for a home. But also, I think the search needs to lose the options
> lists. a) they take up far too much screen real estate b) they're
> unnecessary. the default search should use smart options, and then if
> people need to refine their search they should be given further options.

+1

We must have enough historical data to make a good estimate as to the
best general search to offer from the front pages. And then have the
standard advanced search page that gives you more options than you can shake
a stick at.

G.