[theforum] evolters outline

Isaac Forman isaac at bigtrip.org
Wed Aug 13 13:11:38 CDT 2003

> OK, we've had a bit of a bash around this on #evolt (wanna come join?)
> and this is an outline we've come up with.

I'm there, you're not!

Agree with most of the bits snipped.

> 2) Blog. Members can also tag entries with keywords (see
> BetterThanBlogging below) which can drive sub-blogs
> 3) Links. Kinda part of the blog thought, but needn't appear on blogs.

I think that member blogs could include a variety of public categories:
Food, Travel, Humour, World News, Geek News, Movies and TV, etc, that
combine to form group threads/channels. I'm sure that's what you're thinking
of, but I'd keep them pretty general to keep content flowing. Save for maybe
a couple of people, I can't imagine the rest of us would be pumping out
dildo entries (suffer the pun).

These really should be the main slant of evolters.org.

> 4) Photo gallery - upload pics by FTP and it's all done including
> thumbnails and next/previous

I think this should be excluded on the basis that it's bandwidth-hogging,
and potentially more trouble than it's worth.

isaac