[theforum] movement for redesign

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Thu Aug 14 13:30:32 CDT 2003

Isaac Forman wrote:

> http://www.triplezero.com.au/production/evolt/evolt_work.gif

Isaac, sorry to get here so late to heap praise upon your design. I
think it's fantastic. I *love* the layout, functionality, the way
information is organised, the way parts are pushed, the navigation...
all of it.

The only quibble I have is with the blue section header and green left
side bar colours. The blue is very Big Blue to me, ala M$ or IBM, and
the green is just too bright for my taste. (This from a woman who's
personal website looks like it was designed by a 14 year old girl, of
course, so taste is a very relative thing.)

I am actually quite wedded to what I think of as the *traditional*
evolt.org colours (How long does it take to establish a tradition on the
web, anyway? Two minutes?) so I tried your design with some of those:

http://www.darlingbri.co.uk/evolt/isaac.png

I selected colours from the wiki and the evolt.org home page to go with
the taupe and the black in your design, but the shades I picked are too
dark. Anyway, that's the direction in which my preferences headed.

Again, really well done. Isaac ++

--Bri