[theforum] Donation Wall - last chance to comment

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Aug 14 16:04:25 CDT 2003

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 09:24  pm, Elfur Logadottir wrote:

> well. i don't want to display persons donating individual amounts here
> an
> there, and i'm treating all paypal donations as anonymous.

That screws the entire *point* of the donation wall which is to
recognise donors. Being anonymous is at the discretion of the donor,
although I think it's probably fair to be more up-front about the
option to be anon.

Believe me, the most successful fundraising campaigns tend to do this
and do it *extremely* effectively.

One thing I *haven't* proposed (and don't intend to) is an even more
effective way of recognition, which is to tier the donors based on
size/frequency of support.

Now playing on iTunes: "I'm Sorry" by Hothouse Flowers from 'People' -
a hit from way back in 1988