[theforum] Donation Wall - last chance to comment

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Thu Aug 14 21:36:13 CDT 2003

At 06:08 AM 15-08-03, Isaac Forman wrote:
>And for those who don't remember my past proposals, I have previously
>suggested that we seek support from perhaps 4 corporate providers. One
>in hosting, one in publishing, one in software, and maybe one in
>hardware.

"Publishing" as in Dreamweaver/ Frontpage? Could you explain this please?

>For their support, these corporate sponsors would be given text-ad space
>(any ads to be reviewed by us before posting). Nothing gaudy or
>whatever. Just a space to promote hosting, or whatever they do.

Yes, as long as we can incorporate it into our layout without a jarring
clash of say colour schemes, it should be OK.

One thought I had is that since we intend to make this completely
CSS-positioned, maybe we can have the ad(s) appear in a DIV way before the
content, and then let the CSS reposition it. This way, there will be a
small delay while the page loads, during which the ad will be seen on top
before it gets moved to the right bar or whatever.

Madhu