[theforum] Re: [DesDev] Re: redesign - client side

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Fri Aug 15 16:23:19 CDT 2003

From: "Elfur Logadottir"

| well, i agree with what martin said on theforum the other day:
| those heavily active in the programming part shouldn't be project
managers
| ... that's just not sensible use of their time, y'know.
|
| it's the buzzphrase of the century: "do what you're best at, outsource
the
| rest"
|
| and i want to "outsource" the project management part to (a) person(s)
that
| is enthusiastic about evolt.org's future, but feels as if they have no
| place for their enthusiastic efforts because their skillset isn't within
| the normal range of programming/designing.
|
| as i've said before, i have a certain person in mind, not sure they will
be
| able to do this, and i haven't mentioned it to them, but i feel they
would
| do a hell of a job. however i'm still sitting on that recommendation
while
| waiting to see if anyone steps up willing to do it.

after being approached offlist by three different people telling me to just
talk to that person, i did and she is willing to take it on.

So this is me nominating Sabrina Dent, the übergrrl who single-handedly
(sp?) made EUvolt 2003 even greater experience that i could ever have
anticipated, and that was not easy.

I don't know if I have to introduce her at all, she's the one active on
thechat and *the* chat (IRC) and is more than likely the person adding sex
to the discussion. So you see, handing her the whip seems like the logical
thing to do ;)

she is somewhat busy 'till the end of august, but i know for sure that
she's the type we need; not afraid to kick ass if needed, has worked with
wikis before and is passionate about our future.

so without further ado, let's finish the discussion and (hopefully) approve
quickly.
here's my +1 to that vote, for the record ;)

until next time
elfur
*the voting one*