[theforum] Donation Wall - last chance to comment

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sat Aug 16 02:07:05 CDT 2003

On Saturday, August 16, 2003, at 05:35  am, Madhu Menon wrote:

>> Advertising is different from sponsorship. I am *very* uncomfortable
>> with the idea of evolt.org sponsorship. I would prefer to simply
>> solicit
>> ads ala Isaac's original post on this subject -- we make a short list
>> of
>> acceptable non-text advertisers for actual image/banner/wahtever ads,
>> and approach them.
>
> I am ambivalent about it because I can see how we could have a "hosted
> by" sponsorship agreement

Also, if we *are* actually hosted by (say) memset, then we're quite
definitely not saying that they're crap, otherwise we wouldn't be
there. That's quite different from sponsorship from (say) Adobe whose
software we may or may not use.

Now playing on iTunes: "Happy" by The Rolling Stones from 'Forty Licks'
- a hit from way back in 1972