[theforum] text ads (was: Donation Wall - last chance to comment)

Seb Potter seb at poked.org
Sun Aug 17 09:05:53 CDT 2003

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 09:30:52 +0100, Isaac Forman <isaac at bigtrip.org> wrote:

>> * One rotating text ad slot (just on the home page?).
>> * Text ads be open to all buyers.
>> * No indication of sponsorship or endorsement of said ads.
>> * Rejection of inappropriate ads
>> * Rotation of back-up donate and evolters ads when there are no sold
>
> OK, I'm happy with this.
>
> As I think you may agree, I find text-ads can actually be kinda classy.
>

> At the very least, I think that text-ads/opportunities for evolters
> would not be inappropriate.

Well, I've thought about this a lot, and I guess it does make a lot of
sense. I was worried that people were talking about graphic adverts from
corporate advertisers/sponsors.

As long as there are a known set of rules in place for the kind of ads
accepted, and that in no way is evolt seen to be *endorsing* advertisers or
their products, then, as you say Isaac, text ads could be kinda classy.

Still, would be neat to give preferential treatment to evolters, not just
anyone willing to pay.

- seb

--
http://poked.org