[theforum] Donation Wall - last chance to comment

Isaac Forman isaac at bigtrip.org
Wed Aug 20 20:50:42 CDT 2003

> Read http://jrobb.mindplex.org/2003/08/14.html#a3525 to find out why
> adsense isn't the holy grail of advertising.
>
> And if Google goes down/under/resold/whatever, we have no ads.

This and the arguments cited in the blog-entry above are pretty weak,
IMO.

> Who said we were here to generate cash cows?  We're here to sustain a
> community.  Here's the pulse.  Here's you, far from the pulse.

I can understand that you've taken this as some form of attack, but how
about politely asking for clarification, or presenting your argument.

Personally, I think that if we go beyond generating the cash to run our
community, we can extend it -- mentorships (financing pros to teach
newbies), paid tutorials (instead of the *mostly* half-arsed articles we
have currently), hosting and designing for charities.

To be honest, I'm quite embarrassed by the way that everyone here has
responded.

isaac